- Working on Nuha. If you're an engineer or a creative looking for a new challenge in technology, send me an email! lama [at] nuha [dot] so
- Chief of Staff, Rainbow - I was in charge of everything finance, legal, hiring, operations, and everything else that kept the business running.
- General Manager, Nabatat - I rebranded and turned around a once-failing retail business.
- Co-founder, Dresscode - A luxury resale marketplace in the Middle East.
- Software Engineer, Culdesac - Employee #9, where I built software for car-free cities.
If you're generally curious about the world and want to be exposed to people like yourself, I'd recommend applying for the following:
- Emergent Ventures - If you have something you'd like to work on, whether it's studying Benin agriculture, starting a podcast, or building a company, consider applying to Emergent Ventures for a grant. You can apply as an individual (no need for legal org structure).
- Interact - Interact connects young people with some interest in technology, but you can apply to join even if you're not professionally working with or in technology. Applications generally open in December and close in January.
More broadly, I think the largest area of opportunity that exists for young people today is in industrials (energy, mining, and manufacturing) and AI. Consider working in either area if you're young, smart, and have the discipline to work hard for results.